Thursday, May 19, 2016

About Me and The Beginning

Hey all!

Thank you for joining me on this journey. My name is Bill Pivetz and I grew up in New Jersey. I write for the fantasy sports website, fansided.com/fantasy, if you need some help. This blog will be dedicated to documenting my travels and experiences while visiting all 30 MLB stadiums.

"Why baseball?" you may ask.

Baseball is a sport I've been around all my life. It started around the age of 4 when I began playing in T-Ball. I actually think it was earlier than that when I mom used to dress me from head to toe in New York Yankees attire. I progressed through all of the levels before it was capped at age 16. I was a member of a couple of all-star teams and travel teams to continue improving. I tried out for my high school team, but the coach already knew the guys he wanted for the team. Oh well.

I also began umpiring for the 11-12 year olds and moved up to the 14-15 age group. It was a great experience that gave me another look at the game and how difficult the major-league umpires' jobs are. I definitely made some mistakes, as I felt under pressure, but it's something I wish I could go back and do.

I've recently got back into baseball, sort of. I joined a men's softball league with my brother and a few of our friends. Just stepping back onto the diamond for what seemed like forever was a great feeling. We didn't win a game, but it just felt right.

So, to the important stuff. The thought of traveling to all 30 MLB stadiums came about last year. I already visited one of the stadiums before getting serious about visit the other 29. This isn't something I can do in one summer, for financial and professional reasons. This will be a trek that takes me multiple seasons to compete, but that's why it's a journey. I want to enjoy every moment for as long as I possibly can.

Without further introduction, here is my first entry into my travels to all 30 MLB stadiums.

No comments:

Post a Comment